Effective weight loss needs a total approach. Those of us who have tried or are trying to lose weight would fully appreciate the extreme difficulty we face when we take on a weight loss initiative. This is especially true when you want to shed some tummy fat. It is so ugly to say the least and every time you look in the mirror when you are unclothed, your determination takes on added urgency. Alas, weight loss is more than just determination and vigour. You just have to try anything and everything that brings you the desired results as long as it is safe.
Here are 5 more to add to your list:
1. Water It Down. Sweet beverages are not for you. If you have a sweet figure, it may be alright but then again to maintain it, sweet beverages do not help. Substitute it with the miracle drink, water. It does wonders simply because it is natural and God given. It fills you up nicely to avoid feeling hungry and keeps you well hydrated. Being well hydrated helps your metabolism which in turn is essential to chew up fat.
2. Personal Support. When you chose a weight loss program, ensure that you get personal support. It could be face-to-face, through the phone or via e-mail. It does not matter whether it is an exercise, diet, pills, cleansers or any of the many weight loss solutions that are available. You will do better with the motivation and guidance provided by another human.
3. Weigh It Down. You cannot improve if you do not measure. You may feel like you are losing weight, others may tell you so but you need to translate this to numbers. Use a weighing scale, measuring tape (particularly for the tummy) and record your progress or lack of it. Either way, it helps you stay focused on your weight loss goals.
4. Watch What You Buy. Review your grocery or marketing list. Take off the snacks. Buy more fruits, nuts, cereals, vegetables and fiber rich food. Do not malinger at the food product lanes. Be quick and keep your mind on what you need.
5. Keep Moving. Keep working. In addition to a specific exercise regime, keeping yourself busy with even household chores, helps you burn calories in addition to keeping your mind off food. Clearing out the closet, cleaning the house, sweeping the driveway, mowing the lawn, re-potting plants and everything else that you can do around the house, help you achieve your weight loss goals faster.
Simple things make a big difference in the long term. Do not underestimate the value of the above boosters. Are they enough, to achieve your goals? Not if you need to get rid of excess fat. Those who need to shed weight in terms of pounds or kilograms, need to get on a specific program. There are many available but not all work. What does and what does not, depends on a number of factors that vary from individual to individual. Learn more about which program would be best suited for your weight loss.